5.26.2010

69. Eat at a new restaurant

image

image

image

No, we didn’t make it to Communal. We didn’t plan ahead again.

We were in the mood for Thai food so we decided to try a new Thai restaurant instead of waiting for us to get our act together to make reservations at Communal.

We settled on a place in Orem called Thai Drift.

Here are my ratings:

Atmosphere: Nice inside, modern, very clean, a little chilly, but overall very good.

Food:  Beef & broccoli had really good flavor just didn’t get very much of it;  Shrimp Pad Thai had a good flavor, but the noodles were too chewy; the Massaman Curry was divine.

We also got fried bananas with ice cream for dessert and I thought it was pretty good. It was exactly that, fried bananas with ice cream.

Service: VERY slow (maybe it just seemed extra slow because I was extra hungry), however it is a family run business so I don’t think they have a lot of help. All of the workers were extremely nice. It seemed like they had a lot of regulars that they cater to.

Price: Very reasonable for dinner. Most entrees were under $10.

Overall: I would definitely go there again, but probably for lunch or take out. The food was very good, and in my opinion you can’t go wrong with Thai food.

Photos courtesy of Jared’s cell phone

No comments:

Post a Comment