I have tried all different schedules to see what works the best for me. The most recent ones I have tried is where certain days of the week I focus on cleaning certain rooms (Mondays I clean the master bathroom, Tuesdays I clean the kitchen, etc.). I only need to worry about cleaning that certain area for that day. Thought it was a good idea…not so much. I felt like I was pulling out all my cleaning supplies all the time. Lugging the vacuum out of my storage room is no easy task. So I thought I will change it and focus on just one chore per day (vacuum the whole house, dust the whole house, etc.) Didn’t like this idea very much either. I felt like I was constantly cleaning. Even though I am sure both these ideas work for a lot of people, I just wasn’t feeling it.
I decided to revert back to what has always work. Every so often I just take a full day and CLEAN! This way I can stay in my cleaning clothes all day and I have all my supplies already out to use for each room. It just seems to work best for me. Of course there are still those days where I see that my house needs a quick vacuum or the sheets need to be changed before the big cleaning day arrives. I am going to officially say that I have completed this goal. I know that a “so-called” schedule just doesn’t work for me. Maybe one day someone will convert me to a schedule but for now, I will clean it when it is dirty.
What is your cleaning routine like?
I grew up having one big clean day where we all pitched in and cleaned. It worked great for my family growing up.
ReplyDeleteI've since tried to do this too, but with three little kids it's so hard. So I end up cleaning when it looks like it needs to be done. I usually vacuum a lot just because I love using my Dyson. Vacuuming seems to be the best thing to do, do instantly make your home feel more clean, and just having my Scentsy going, to make it smell clean just makes it seem clean!
I agree with you. I do the big deep clean once a week and then just try to maintain the rest of the week. Except laundry I try to do at least a load a day cause I'm not in love with the waiting til it's one HUGE pile, it just seems easier to do a little at a time for me.
ReplyDelete