This morning Luke’s schedule fell right in line with making it to story time, so I finally was able to take him. I went to the Orem library for lap time. Luke loved the songs, but to be honest I wasn’t real impressed. The stories were way too long for babies & toddlers and she didn’t even hold up the book so they could see the pictures. I thought they would focus more on rhyming & interactive books, but it was just really long stories. When we did sing songs we would only sing them once. Don’t children learn by repetition? I know Luke recognizes the songs I sing over and over. Maybe I am just overly critical because I have a degree in this.
Anyway, even though this goal is complete I am going to leave it open until I go to Provo library for their book babies program. Hopefully that will be more up Luke’s (my) alley. I did bring my camera to take pictures, but I forgot to actually take them. I will do it at Provo’s session.
While I was at the library I finally checked out one of my books from the New York’s Best Seller’s List. I will give you my review when I am done. I also checked out the video “Signing Time” for Luke. He is still a little young to start signing, but he loves the songs. Never hurts to start early!
No comments:
Post a Comment