As I was browsing the web the other day, I stumbled across a website (http://dayzeroproject.com) that intrigued me. I am a list maker. I love making lists. I probably make too many lists (lists of lists), but it keeps me organized so when I saw people were making a list of goals to accomplish I decided I needed to jump on board. This is a different kind of goal list though, one that gives me a little bit of time to accomplish them. Here is the basic concept of this project:
The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. They can’t be generic like “be a better person”. You need to set specific goals about how you are going to be a better person. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Sounds fun, huh?
We will see as I start doing this. In order to complete this, I will have to work on about 3 goals per month (not too bad, right?). A lot of people set goals that they want to remain private, but I decided I wanted to make all my goals ones that I don’t mind sharing. Some of you may read my goals (listed on my sidebar) and think, “Run a mile? Really, Kristin? That’s not hard!” Well for me it is. I despise running. I wanted to make some goals challenging, some for my health, spiritual ones, others for Luke, some for knowledge, and many just for fun. My hope is that as I complete some of these goals that will help me be a better person I will want to keep going even after my time frame is up.
So is anyone with me?
That’s ok. You are welcome to follow my progress on this blog anyway. This blog is going to be strictly dedicated to my progress, my successes and my failures. I will only be posting on here if it is relevant to my goals. And if any of you decide, hey this might actually be a good idea, let me know that you have jumped on the bandwagon so I know I have some fellow companions (wink).
That is such a great idea! I'm excited for your journey and all of the things you will learn. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! How did you come up with all of those? I am inspired.
ReplyDeleteI am impressed! I don't know if I could think of 101 goals.
ReplyDeleteSign language with babies is awesome! I did it with my first and it was so cool knowing what she wanted and needed before she could talk. Everyone was pretty impressed!
Question, do you want to have a baby by December? Or be prego by December? I'm thinking the time might be tight on that one!
Good Luck! I know you can do it!
Either way. I have almost 3 years to have another baby that I would be fine if I was either pregnant or already had the baby. I don't mind if Luke and the new baby are about 2-3 years apart. :)
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great project!! Maybe I should join you! How did you think of 101 goals??
ReplyDeleteMy dearest D-Beans, I love this! Seriously, I made myself a similar list of things to do this year (50 items) as part of my New Years resolution. However I love the idea of spreading them out and doing them over a course of time because it is more realistic. I think I have done like 3 of the things on my list so far. The funny thing is that I swear that 1/2 of the things you have on here I have on my list. Are we friends or what?! Anywho, I will do this with you. In fact I will call you in a little bit and we can discuss this. Maybe I will do better if I have you to motivate me. Kinda like everything else in my life!! Love ya :)
ReplyDeleteThis is cool! I am amazed at some of the things you came up with and I am excited to follow and see how it goes!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!! Can't wait to see how it goes!
ReplyDelete