3.17.2010

4. Read 5 books from the Time's list of 100 greatest novels

image

I thought I would choose one book from the Time’s List of Greatest Novels to get started on this goal. As I was reading through the list, some of them stuck out to me and I want your opinions on them. The first one is, “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.” by Judy Blume.  This one jumped out at me only because while studying Elementary Education it was talked about quite a bit, but I never had the chance to read it. I know the reading level is high school and it is quite short, but what is your opinion…is it worth reading?

And what about “Atonement”, by Ian McEwan? I know it was made into a very popular movie, but how is the book?

I think I may just go check one out from the library this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't recommend the "Atonement" I thought it would be fun to read since the movie was rated "R" and I wouldn't be seeing it, BUT I stopped reading it half-way. And I know now why it was rated that way. I just felt like they referred too much to an incident that I dind't need replaying, and then I didn't like the storyline, and once I reached half-way some new characters were saying the "F" word too much. But I did feel bad giving up on it, I always wonder if I it would've turned out better if I woud've gone further. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know! I was wondering how it was going to be since the movie was rated R. Sometimes the movies put in things that make it R but obviously the book is that way too. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete